

Maddi's piano recital was last night. She did a great job. Michael had to watch it from the lobby. Olivia was done before it ever started. Zeke didn't last too long into it. I spent part of the time going back and forth from the lobby to the bench. Zeke had a poopy diaper before Maddi played and Olivia had one she played. Towards the end, Zeke started crying and wouldn't stop so Michael took him out to the car. By this time we had all moved out to the lobby. Olivia must have thought that she was supposed to sing along to the music because she sat out in the lobby squealing. Eventually the squeals turned to screams and we hoped that it would all end soon. Afterwards, they had a little reception in the cultural hall. There was a cute cake that looked like a piano keyboard and some red punch. Well, Zeke was still in the car crying so I took Olvia to Michael and went back in to round up the other kids. They were already in line for cake and punch. I was trying to coax them out of the line explaining to them that we were not staying for treats because the little ones were crying. Well, it didn't exactly register. They ended up all getting a punch and the teacher told them to get some cake so I got it all on one plate to go. Then we marched out to the van. They drank their punch on the way home, Zeke and Olivia slept and I ate the black keys (which just happened to be kitkats) off the top of the cake. I did it for a good cause, only tow of the pieces had candy, I didn't want a fight to start! Anyways, Maddi did great and we were very proud of her
. She is finishing her second books and getting ready to start her third set.
. She is finishing her second books and getting ready to start her third set.
1 comment:
sounds like the most eventful piano recital ever. She looks so grown up!
Post a Comment