Yesterday I went to Maddi's class to do their Easter project. They loved it too. I will share it with all of you. Those of you who have kids may think it's fun too. I found the idea in the Family Fun magazine and then I worte a little story to go with it. The story goes:
On a calm, quiet night inthe early spring, the Easter Bunny comes with treats to bring.
He goes to each house and leaves goodies galore and if you've been good he leaves a few more!
How does on little Bunny hop so far in one night? How does one little Bunny accomplish this plight?
Can he hop that far without even stopping? Does he hop and hop and then keep on hopping?
I'll tell you a secret that you must mever repeat. I'll tell you how the Easter Bunny brings you treats.
You know Santa has reindeer that fly through the air and the tooth fairy has wings to take her here and there.
Well, the Easter Bunny has something too. The Easter Bunny has something new.
It's small and it's fast and it looks pretty cool. He can take it to work, he can take it to school.
But most important it can take him and his basket of eggs to your house without any sore muscles or legs!
Can you guess what this is that can take him so far? You bet! The Easter Bunny has a new car!
It's not like the ones that you and I see. It's got to be special for the Easter Bunny.
Instead of metal and rubber and allthat stuff it's made of chocoalte and candy and marshmallow fluff.
The wheels are round candies that are so sweet to eat. If one falls off you just add a new treat.
The seat that he sits on is not a bore. It's soft and it's chocolate. Do you want to hear more?
The headlights are chocolates of all different hues, some pink, some green, and some light blue.
The steering wheel is also good to the tasting. It looks like a lifesaver with a horn of white frosting.
It's all so delicious and seems too good to be true, but the Easter Bunny told me. I believe him, do you?
So after the story then you make the car. Get a chocolate ho-ho (or something similar) for the car, mini vanilla wafers for the wheels, m&ms for the headlights, lifesavers for the steering wheels, and a marshmallow bunny peep. Use white frosting to stick it all together. It sounds kind of cheesy but the kids love it. I am now the most popular kid in kindergarten and first grade! Makenna and I even made it on the front page of the mewspaper. Anyways, it's just a fun idea to take up some time during Easter break.
No comments:
Post a Comment