Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday Potluck

Today was potluck Sunday. The branch was celebrating one of the members 89th birthday. I love potlucks. The food at these things are incredible. The kids love potlucks. Some one always remembers to bring a crockpot full of hot dogs and there are so many treats that the kids can hardly decide which one to choose. Michael, on the other hand, doesn't get quite as excited about potlucks. Trying to keep the kids contained and quiet can get kind of hectic. I must admit that since having children, the potlucks have lost some of their enticement. I mean, how many times can a hot dog roll off your plate onto the floor and still be okay to eat? Michael usually sits and holds Olivia while I take the rest of the kids through the line. So here I am with 5 little kids, all with their own plates, all asking for different things at the same time, forgetting that they are holding a plate (hence the hot dog on the floor), remembering that they wanted something that was at the beginning of the line while we are at the end of the line, sitting down and realizing that somewhere along the way the silverware got lost and then trying to sit and wait for Michael to go through the line and come back with silverware all for nothing because by the time he gets back they have somehow managed to eat everything with their fingers (jello salad and all) and now want to go back for seconds! So today we opted out. We came home and ate summer sausage (made from deer meat for all you meat lovers), cheese, crackers and smoked salmon. Not quite the same as a potluck but a lot easier to do.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Ah, the potluck dinner. We usually end up with curtis putting the silverware and a huge stack of napkins, in his pocket, as well as holding multiple plates while I hold the others and try to direct traffic. . . the only easy part is the not cooking all the different kinds of foods. blgh. Good thought on the cheese and crackers though. Curtis cheers for the summer sausage :)