Recently I heard a song sung by a group of children called "I Will Be What I Believe". I loved it and I thought, how important is it to actually BE what you believe? If all of us that professed to be Christians and follow Jesus Christ would actually BE Christians and follow Jesus Christ, how great would that be? Think of the impact we could have on others! Think of the impact it would have on us! If you aren't Christian, you still believe in kindness and goodness. Think of the impact you would have if you WERE kindness and goodness! And I don't mean just on holidays or when it's easy. I mean all the time.
I have been blessed by many people who ARE what they believe. They are kind, thoughtful, caring, humble. They serve and love those around them. Everyone wants to be near them because of who they are. They make their world a better place.
This year, as we start the new school year, this is our family theme. We talked about what we believe. "We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous and in doing good to all men..." (Article of Faith #13) among other things. If we believe these things, are we these things? What can we become better at? Do we believe in being kind to our neighbor? Do we believe in forgiveness? Do we believe in serving those around us? Do we believe in working hard and doing our best? If we do, have we BECOME that yet?
Our goal this week is to identify one thing that we would like to start on. Then we will work to BE that one thing. As we become better at that particular thing, then we will add another and another until we can say that, "I AM what I believe."
One person, trying to be what they believe can affect so many others. I know my life has been affected many times by those that are what they believe. It has made me want to try harder and do better. It has made me want to be like them. Be that one person. BE what you believe.
No comments:
Post a Comment