Isn't she beautiful?
Today is also the day that my grandpa passed away, the one I blogged about a few weeks ago. I didn't get to go to his funeral and I didn't get to see him before he passed away. I do have many fond memories of him though.
This is the last picture I have of Grandpa. We went down to Nashville for a family reunion. He died the next year. I am thankful I was able to be there for the reunion and that my kids were all able to meet him and spend time with him.
I can't help but think he and Katie are together watching down on us. I am so thankful that families can be together forever. I am so thankful for the knowledge that this life does not end the relationships that we have and cherish, that what we build here continues into eternity. I am thankful for a little girl who came to this earth for a short time and left such an impact on so many. I am thankful for a grandpa that loved me. Happy Birthday Katie! I love you Grandpa!


No comments:
Post a Comment