Thursday, April 2, 2009

Running

I ran my two miles this morning. The weather was great. Much better than yesterday. I am really sore so I'm not sure what 6 miles will bring Saturday. I love the feeling of running. It makes me feel like I am accomplishing something. It makes me feels trong. It makes me more aware of everything else in life. I am looking forward to the 10K in a few weeks. It's one more step forward. It's one more step proving to myself that I can do it. My body has been through a lot with 6 babies and one miscarriage in just over 6 years. Now it is gaining strength and even though it may not look how I want it to look, it feels good. I have heard through my life that being overweight means your lazy or your a slob. Not true. But when I gained all this weight from babies, I felt like less of a person because of things like that that I had heard. It has been very hard emotionally to deal with. All the emotions of my timid childhood over took me agian and I became unsure and self conscious. Now, I am feeling stronger and I am proud of what me and my body have accomplished together. I've given birth many times, I take care of my family, I've moved many times, I serve in my church callings and now I am running. It feels good. It helps me. I'm grateful for the chance I have to do it. I'm grateful for the support I get from family and friends and I'm grateful for the strength that my body has to do yet another challenge.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Bravo! You have definately earned the opportunity to do something for yourself. You are awesome.

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

You should be proud of yourself for all you've accomplished. I look up to you because you handle everything so well - especially 6 kids so close together. You've gotta be someone special to do all of that!

Monica said...

I feel the same way after I am done running....while I am running I like to think of ways I can fake injuries....:)