When I start to get discouraged with things I turn back to this poem that I wrote and it helps me to get focused again and remember all that I am blessed with. Some of you have read it before. I hope it helps you get through days that can be overwhelming.
With pen in hand, I humbly write about all my blessings that may seem out of sight.
They get pushed to the side by the day to day things like diapers and errands and quarrellings.
I have so many gifts on which to reflect, blessings that come when I least expect.
Sometimes distracted by the tasks on hand, I forget about the blessings behind the demands.
I do not like laundry, to wash and to fold, but I am grateful that we can all be clothed.
The dishes keep piling, I don't always keep up but I know if they are dirty then we are filled up.
My cupboards are few and I have to stack things around, but I'm grateful they're full and there's food to be found.
Dusting is a job that never seems done, but I am grateful for the furniture that the dust lands on.
Making beds is not a fun chore, but I am grateful that we do not sleep on the floor.
Our house needs work out here on the farm, but I am grateful to have something to keep us warm.
My children have needs, sometimes almost more than I can bear, but I am ever so grateful for the love that we share.
Our vehicle gets smaller as we all cram in there, but I am grateful that we have it to take us everywhere.
The bills pile up - telephone, gas, and utilities, but Iam grateful to have such luxuries.
Through the child bearing years my body has changed from young to not so young, from firm to mush, but I am grateful for the strength it possesses and for its ability to continue to push.
The list goes on - the blessings camouflaged by the tasks. Our Father has so much to give us if we will just ask.
I'll never be a rock star, but I love to sing. I'll never be a concert pianist, but I can have the joy that playing brings.
I won't discover new cures or lands, but I can teach my children to discover with their hands.
I'll never be a gourmet cook and have a T.V. show, but I can feed my family and help them grow.
My children won't have all that they adore, but I can give them so much more.
I can teach them to see all that blesses us and help them to look beyond the task.
I am grateful for my Savior and His Atonement. I am grateful for His act of love which for me was meant.
I'm grateful for the everyday tasks because behind them are blessings far more than I could ask.
1 comment:
I really like that poem. There was one read in church on Sunday that reminded me of yours, but I liked yours better!
Post a Comment