Sunday, April 9, 2017

#PRINCEofPEACE - Faith

One of the principles that we learn from Christ's teachings that give us peace is Faith.  Faith or belief in God gives us something to hope for, something to look towards, something to work on.  Tonight for Family Home Evening we read scriptures on faith and I had the kids write in their journals reasons they believe in God.   These are some of the answers they gave.  Each one of us have unique experiences that grow our belief and faith.  Some things are small, some are big.  I loved hearing their experiences and how those things helped them to believe.

Makenna:  When I'm at church, no matter what my attitude is when I go in, when I come out I feel peaceful.  It has changed my attitude and my outlook on things.  I know that it's because God's spirit has been there and helped me feel different.

Zane:  Heavenly Father answers my prayers.  When I do something wrong and I ask Him for forgiveness, I get a warm feeling and I know that it's Heavenly Father letting me know He has forgiven me.  I have read the scriptures and I have asked Heavenly Father if they were true.  He answered my prayers and gave me a warm feeling letting me know that they were.

Dillon:  He gives me comfort.  When Grandma Great died and we were at her funeral, I had a warm feeling inside and I knew that everything was going to be ok.

Zeke:  He loves us.  He sent Jesus Christ to set the perfect example for us and to die for us so that we could live with Him again.  It shows me that He wants us to be with Him again.  Jesus Christ died for us so we know we can live with Him again and that our family can be together forever.  It helps me know that He will be there for us.

Olivia:  He helps me make right decisions.  When I'm mad at my friends and I'm about ready to fight with them, I get this feeling from the Spirit and it lets me know that I shouldn't fight with them.  He helps us choose which path to take to lead us back to Him.

Me: I have seen His blessings in my life.  I have felt His Spirit prompt me and guide me.  I have felt His Spirit testify of Him.  Believing in Him gives me hope.  He has answered my prayers.

No comments: