Sunday, April 16, 2017

Perfect Love

Today is Easter Sunday.  Today we remember and give thanks for our Savior, Jesus Christ, who after suffering beyond comprehension and dying for us all, rose from the grave.  Because of this, we too, shall live again.  He freed us from sin.  He freed us from the grave.  He opened the door for us to return to live with Him and our Father in Heaven again.

In church we were able to sing hymns of the Savior's victory over the grave.  We were able to listen to talks, scriptures and testimonies of the Savior's suffering, death and atonement - of His perfect love for us.  While I loved them all, one stood out to me and touched me. 

Christ was the one perfect person to walk the face of this earth.  He was the only one who could do what He did.  He lived a perfect life.  He had a perfect love for us and for Heavenly Father.  He had perfect humility, obedience and knowledge.  And now, He has the perfect understanding of us and all that we go through.

Christ did not just feel the pains of our sins when he suffered in Gethsemane.  He felt our sorrows and struggles, our heartache and fears.  This quote was shared in church today and I love it.  It puts things into better words than I can.  David A. Bednar said, "The Savior has suffered not just for our iniquities but also for the inequality, the unfairness, the pain, the anguish, and the emotional distresses that so frequently beset us. There is no physical pain, no anguish of soul, no suffering of spirit, no infirmity or weakness that you or I ever experience during our mortal journey that the Savior did not experience first. You and I in a moment of weakness may cry out, “No one understands. No one knows.” No human being, perhaps, knows. But the Son of God perfectly knows and understands, for He felt and bore our burdens before we ever did. And because He paid the ultimate price and bore that burden, He has perfect empathy and can extend to us His arm of mercy in so many phases of our life. He can reach out, touch, succor—literally run to us—and strengthen us to be more than we could ever be and help us to do that which we could never do through relying upon only our own power."

Christ knows exactly how I feel.  He knows and has felt my exact pain.  He knows the hurt that is in my heart.  He knows the sadness that I feel each day.  He understands completely because He has felt it, not something similar, but the exact pain.  That brings such peace to me. 

In Matthew 11:28-30, Christ invites us to come to Him.
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light”
 
He will give us rest.  He has already suffered.  He can and will ease our burdens so we don't have to suffer the pains He has already felt.  We just have to come to Him.
 
Today I took a picture of my kids all dressed up for church.  My heart hurts that only 5 of my 6 little Christiansens are in it.  However, through Christ, I have hope that all will be well.  He is there to lift us up, strengthen us and give us peace as we walk through this sometimes painful and treacherous life.  I know that He perfectly knows me, my heart and my circumstances.  He knows what I need and He is able to give it to me.  His love is stronger than any pain that can be felt.  It is stronger than any wrong that can be done.  It is stronger than any hurt that can be weighing us down.  His love can lift us above it. 
 
I am so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ.  I know He lives.  I know He loves me.  I know He will never leave me.  I know through Him, I can be saved. 

No comments: