Sunday, March 19, 2017

Singing At State

Earlier this year Makenna auditioned to sing the National Anthem at some of the state sporting events.  She was chosen to sing it at the Boys State A Championship games on Thursday, March 16th.  She got to sing it twice that day.  She was so excited to be chosen to do it!  I was excited for her! 

We took the day off work, along with my friend Melissa and we spent the day in Sioux Falls.  We shopped, she sang, we ate, we shopped some more, she sang again, we shopped some more and then we headed home.  It was such a fun day!  Melissa loved doing things to make Makenna blush and as Makenna found out, Melissa was very good at it!

By the end of the day, Makenna was exhausted.  She is going to have to build up her shopping endurance before we do it again!  I'll admit I was pretty worn out too. We did find some good deals though ☺

I am so proud of Makenna and all that she has become.  She loves to sing and I am happy that she has had so many opportunities to share her talent.  She has participated in All State Chorus, Festival of Women's Voices, solo and small group contest and singing the National Anthem many times.  I hope she continues to have these opportunities to share and grow. 

Here are a few pictures:





No comments: