Monday, August 8, 2016

Tutu Run

Earlier this summer Olivia and I signed up to run a 2.2 mile Tutu Run.  We started running together 3 times a week until the day of the race.  I loved going running with her.  We talked, we listened to music and sang along and we set times we would try to beat.  It was a lot of fun getting to spend time with her.

Race morning finally came and Olivia was very excited to get her tutu!  Me, not as much.  I had never worn a tutu before and wasn't really sure I wanted to!  Tutu's are not my thing ☺  I did it though.  It had been a really rough week and I was running on very little sleep but we did it!  I let Olivia run ahead because I knew I would not be able to keep her pace.  She ended up running her fastest pace yet!  She was at the finish line waiting for me when I crossed along with Michael and Zeke.  Zeke ate my donuts for me while we waited for our friends to finish.

It was a fun morning and I'm glad we were able to do it together.  Maybe we can do it again next year too!

Before the race

After the race with friends from church (Olivia had just stuffed a chocolate donut in her mouth☺)

No comments: