Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The Day the Music Died

I have had a couple lines from two different songs running through my mind today.  Almost constantly.  It's actually been driving me crazy!  I don't mind when a whole song is stuck in my head, but having one line to a song repeated over and over again is a little maddening!

The first one is a Chipmunks song.  It reminded me of Makenna when she was little and it kind of reminds me of Zeke right now ☺  It's called "Song".  The part that I keep singing is,

'Cause when I rock, no one rocks harder than me
And I don't stop 'cause I got mad energy
I got the bass and the drums
They're moving me along

Yeah, oh, inside my brain, there's a song
You think I'm crazy, baby?
Inside my brain, there's a song

We all have some sort of song in our heads.  It's what makes us who we are!  Everyone moves to a slightly different beat.  Our music determines who we are, what we do, how we act and react, and what direction our life goes.  Our music goes along with our likes and dislikes, our quirks, our motivation, our humor.  It shows in our smiles, our dress, the way we carry ourselves.  Our music is our soul, our heart, our emotions.

The other song line that has been running through my head is from the song, "American Pie".  Love that song.  Today, my mind kept repeating the line that says, "The day the music died."

Have you ever had something in your life that causes your music to fade away and die?  Have you ever lost your beat and had your part fade away out of life's orchestra?  Mine has been fading now for almost a month.  Slowly, each day, my music gets harder to hear.  I still keep going.  My motions are the same, but my music is gone.  The music that made me laugh, brought a smile to my face, showed me the rainbow at the end of the storm.  My beat that got me up each day and helped me through life's tasks.  My song that gave me confidence and joy. 

I know some day the beat will come back.  It will be a little different than it was because I will be a little different than I was.  There will be times when the music stops for a moment as I remember or feel this pain again, but then my song will start over again.  I don't know when.  Every experience is unique.  Every beat stopping trial affects us differently.  But everything adds to our song - a new layer, a new depth, a new verse. 

I will be honest, I don't want my song to change right now, not like this. I would give anything to rewind and go  back.  Anything.

No comments: