Friday, December 5, 2014

Catch Up and Gratitude

It has been a long time since I posted!  It has been so busy at our house.  So I will play a little catch up.

We did get moved.  We were all moved in by November 1st.  It has been so nice having all this extra space to move around in.  The kids are loving their rooms and all the outside space to roam and explore.  We are mostly unpacked and settled in.  There are still a few remaining boxes here and there.  It was a whirlwind weekend with moving, Halloween and trying to get our old house ready for our renters that showed up the evening of the 1st.  We got it all done though!

Along the way we have celebrate 3 birthdays.  Makenna turned 13 on the 15th.  She got to have a couple of friends over to help her celebrate.

Six days later Maddi celebrated her 14th birthday.  Can't believe she is old enough to drive!  Not that I am going to let her anytime soon :)
Three days after that Michael celebrated his big four 0!  He's hoping to retire soon and get senior citizen discounts. 

We got to spend Thanksgiving together and with friends.  We had the missionaries from our church come over and eat with us.  It was nice to have them in our home.  Then we had some friends come over for dessert that night.  It was a nice day.  The next day the kids and I went Black Friday shopping.  We had fun getting out and seeing all the things in the stores.  That weekend we also went to the lighted parade in Hendricks and enjoyed some of the festivities there.

We got the house decorated for Christmas.  I love sitting by the fire place in the evenings with the logs crackling and the Christmas lights on. I love this time of year!

 Basketball season is in full swing now (another reason I love this time of year).  The five oldest are playing.  Dillon has already had several games with another one tomorrow.  Maddi and Makenna play their first game next week.  I love getting to go watch them play!

Life is good.  Last week I had to speak in church about gratitude.  It made me think a lot about all the blessings we have.  There have been things lately that have been discouraging me and having to focus on gratitude really helped me to see all the good things I have.  It didn't take away the things that are discouraging but it did give me a minute to pause and see all the positive, wonderful things in my life.  It reminded me that I am not alone in this.  I have a husband who is right by my side.  I have friends and family who support me and help me.  Most of all, I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and is always there no matter what.  He knows me and my situation.  He knows my needs and my desires.  He will bless me and take care of me.  Matthew 6:28-33  "And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:  And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.  Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?  Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?   (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.   But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

If I do my best then God will take care of me.  It will not always be easy, but it will all be ok.  If I acknowledge His hand in my life and thank Him for all the blessings that He gives me daily, then He will continue to bless me.  Doing this will bring me closer to Him.  Thomas S. Monson said, "
My brothers and sisters, to express gratitude is gracious and honorable, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live with gratitude ever in our hearts is to touch heaven."  Gratitude will help drown out the negative and fill our lives with the positive.  Our eyes will be open to all that we have, our hearts will overflow with His Spirit and we will feel heaven at our fingertips. 

No comments: