Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Spinning!

My head... My head is spinning faster than I can keep up with!  I haven't even had time to let things sink in.  So much is going on right now.  My days start at 6am.  The kids join my day at 6:30am.  We leave for school about 7:25.  My day consists of 26 first graders needing to go to the bathroom, sharpen their pencils and tell me about everything that pops into their heads - all at once!  While I love every single one of them, they do make my head spin faster at times!  By 3:30 all my first graders are gone and I spend the next little while trying to regroup and get ready for the next day.  My evenings are filled with football practices, cross country meets, volleyball games, church, and the nightly routines of homework, bathes, drum practicing and eating (several times because they are always hungry).  Three out of my five school days, I don't get home until after 7pm.  We put in some long hours on the courts, fields and roads!

I don't think I have really sat down and let Zeke sink in.  Today they educated his class on Tourette's.  I was told it went well and that the kids were really accepting and even shared some of their own little quirks, habits and anxieties.  I was nervous for him all day and it was such a relief to hear that it was all ok.  His tics have been worse lately.  I know that will calm down as all this fades back into the background but today it was front and center.  I knew I didn't need to be in there when they were telling the class about it, but I so wanted to sit outside the door and listen.  It is just another step into our new reality for him.  I am again grateful for an amazing teacher and counselor who have handled this so well. 

I have also been sick (thank you Makenna) for the last 3 or 4 days so that adds to my exhaustion and lack of patience.  It makes the days a little longer than they would normally be :)  Nyquil is my new best friend at night and Diet Dr. Pepper is my friend during the day.

Then we had to throw in moving.  While it is a huge blessing that I am very grateful for, the thought of trying to pack and do repairs on the house is a little overwhelming.  I am glad we have until the first of November but I know that will come quicker than I think! 

In reality, despite all the craziness that is going on, life is good.  We are being blessed in ways we didn't expect,  things will get done, and in four more weeks I will get to sleep in on Saturday! 

No comments: