Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Today is a day to stop and celebrate all the mother's in our life.  Being a mother is one of the hardest experiences ever.  Today, because of recent events, my heart goes out to all those mothers who may be going through the day with pain in their lives.

My heart goes out to the mother who gathers her children around her and is painfully aware that there is one missing.  My heart goes out to the mother who has had to sit her family down and explain that she has cancer.  My heart goes out to the mother who has had to take one of her children to rehab for alcohol and drug abuse.  My heart goes out to the mother who has had to experience the pain and fear of trying to help a child who is trying to end his life.  My heart goes out to the mother who is raising her children all alone.  My heart goes out to the mother who sits wondering how she will feed her family the next meal.  My heart goes out to the mother who learns for the first time that her child may never have a "normal" childhood.  My heart goes out to the mother who sits by her child's bedside hoping and praying for a healing miracle.  My heart goes out to the women who are childless, yet aching to become a mother.  I have been touched by all of these mothers throughout my life.  Their strength, their trials, their sorrows, have all shaped me and taught me and helped me to become better.

The pains and sorrows of motherhood are deeper than any other pain and sorrow that can be felt.  The joys and happiness of motherhood are greater than any other joy and happiness that can be felt.  I have had the influence of not only my own wonderful mother, but also many other mothers in my life.  I have been shown love, kindness, acceptance, strength, patience, endurance, forgiveness and so much more.

To these mothers, I hope that as you face this day that you will feel the love of your family and friends.  I hope that you will feel the love of your Savior, Jesus Christ.  He has felt your pain.  He knows what you are going through and He is there with His hand out ready to help you through.

As I gather my six children around me, I am overwhelmed with all that I have!  I am so thankful that my Heavenly Father has entrusted me to be the mother of these amazing kids.  We have our struggles and trials, but we have been blessed beyond measure.  I hope that I will be able to be the kind of mother that I was blessed to have.

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mother's out there!  Thank you for all you do!

No comments: