Friday, March 14, 2014

A Big Day in My Heart

Today is a big day in my heart.  Today I celebrate my sister Katie's birthday.  I have blogged about her before.  She passed away when she was two.  I never had the opportunity to meet her in this life but I know I knew her.  She has always been a very important person in my life.  I remember when I was younger, I had a picture of her on my wall.  She was beautiful.  I remember sitting and staring at her picture, wishing she were there.  I remember when I was mad at my older brothers for being mean I would go into my room and look at her picture and talk to her.  I would tell her how I wish she were there to be my friend and stick up for me when my brothers were mean.  She just always seemed close and it just seemed like a natural thing to do.  I would talk to her and I always felt like she was there listening.  She would be 44 today.  I look forward to the day when I do get to meet her again. 
Isn't she beautiful?
 

Today is also the day that my grandpa passed away, the one I blogged about a few weeks ago.  I didn't get to go to his funeral and I didn't get to see him before he passed away.  I do have many fond memories of him though.
This is the last picture I have of Grandpa.  We went down to Nashville for a family reunion.  He died the next year.  I am thankful I was able to be there for the reunion and that my kids were all able to meet him and spend time with him.
 
I can't help but think he and Katie are together watching down on us.  I am so thankful that families can be together forever.  I am so thankful for the knowledge that this life does not end the relationships that we have and cherish, that what we build here continues into eternity.  I am thankful for a little girl who came to this earth for a short time and left such an impact on so many.  I am thankful for a grandpa that loved me.  Happy Birthday Katie!  I love you Grandpa!

No comments: