Tuesday, December 17, 2013

December

December so far has been a whirlwind!  Basketball is in full swing so most of our evenings are spent going to and from practice with games and tournaments spread throughout.  The four oldest are playing basketball this year.  Maddi is in jr. high now so we are even more immersed than we were last year.  It is fun to watch them play though.  I am one of the coaches for Makenna's 6th grade team and Michael helps out with the boys whenever he can. 

We have also been busy at school.  The kids all had their Christmas concerts.  Those were fun to watch!  Makenna had the lead role in her play and she had a solo.  She did a great job!  Zane is a percussionist in band. It is his first year and he seems to enjoy it.  The kids also did a talent show at the elementary school.  Makenna sand a song and danced.  She did a great job!  Zane sang with one of his friends.  He did a great job too.  Zeke did some magic tricks with two of his friends.  They were fun to watch.  Unfortunately I forgot my camera so I didn't get any pictures of their performances :(  I have been subbing quite a bit so I get to go to school with the kids and see all that they are doing.  I even got to go caroling with them this week!

Church has also been keeping us busy.  I teach the 6-7 year olds and Michael works the young men.  Zane and Dillon are in scouts and Maddi and Makenna are in Young Womens.  We had to speak in church a few weeks ago and the kids and I sang a song for the musical number.  I am glad to have that done with!

All of that added to the busyness of the Christmas season and I feel like the days are just flying by so quickly!  There is lots of baking to be done and surprises to wrap.  Of course in order for that to happen I have to finish getting the ingredients and surprises!  Hopefully I can find a relatively empty day here soon to relax and do some of those things.  I know the kids are waiting for sugar cookie day so we can bake and decorate!  I'm so glad they have extra time over Christmas break to relax (yeah right) and have some fun!

No comments: