Sunday, July 14, 2013

Road Trip!

At the end of June, the kids and I loaded up the car and headed to Wyoming.  Makenna was already there so I just had the other five kids.  One the way out we stopped at the Corn Palace in Mitchell.
Across the street from the Corn Palace was Uncle Zeke's Shop.  Zeke thought that was pretty cool!
After the Corn Palace we headed to Wall Drug.  The kids liked Wall Drug's Backyard.
My favorite part was the dinosaur.  It attempts to feed evdery 12 minutes.  Zeke loves dinosaurs and he was so excited to watch it feed. 
As soon as the lights came on and he started roaring Zeke started screaming.  It was hilarious!  This  is what the dinosaur looked like when it was roaring...
This is what Zeke looked like before he fell on the floor :)
After Wall Drug we headed to Rapid City and went to Dinosaur Park.  It was a ton of stairs up to the top.

The view from the top was pretty cool.  It looks out over Rapid City.  The kids couldn't believe how high up we were.
The dinosaurs weren't nearly as scary as the one at Wall Drug either!
After Dinosaur Park we headed to Mt. Rushmore.  We took pictures and hiked the trail that took us down to the studio and under the faces.  There were more stairs and we were really hot and tired but it was fun!
When all our fun was done we headed to the hotel, swam a little, ate salad, relaxed and went to bed.  The next day we finished our trip to Green River. It was a long ride but the kids did really good.  At one point on the drive I looked back and Dillon was sitting under his blanket like this:
The sun was shining in his window so he couldn't see his DS screen.  This solved his problem!  Naptime was a welcomed time in the car.  Zeke and Olivia had the way back so they could spread out a little more.  Olivia was kind and shared her Hello Kitty with Zeke :)

We got there in time to see Kenna do her Jungle Book for Kids play.  She did a good job and the play was really cute.

The kids had fun spending time with their cousins.  They got to spend the night with them every night and play with them all day.  We were so busy that I didn't get many pictures of this part of the trip.  The ones I did get were on my phone so they aren't as good quality.

We went to a parade with everyone on Saturday.  The kids got tons of candy and had a fun time!  The rest of the time was spent playing and eating.  It was so much fun to get to see them!
We left Monday July 1st and headed to Idaho.  We got to see more cousins and have more fun. Tuesday we went to see Grandma Great.  She wouldn't let me take any pictures of her with the kids but we had a good time seeing her.  The kids love to go to her house.  She always has treats for them and hugs and kisses when they come and go.  Dillon always tells me how nice she is and how much he loves her.  I am glad they do because she is a very special person! We also got to play at the splash park with Sarah's kids.  They all had fun there.  It was the perfect day to spend in the water.  Before we left I got a picture of all the kids together except one.  One of Sarah's girls had fallen and bumped her head and wasn't in the mood for posing for a picture.

This is me and "little" Emma :)  She is a cutie!  It was fun to get to spend time with Sarah and her girls for the afternoon.
The rest of our time in Idaho was busy too.  The kids got to sleep out in the tent a few nights.  One night it blew down on them so they had to come inside.  We went to another parade, ran a 5k, went to a family party and celebrated Munu's birthday before we left.  Michael's sister and her family came for a few days and we got to meet her little boy for the first time.  He is a cutie and the kids had fun plahying with him.  One of the days we went to the ditch to play in the water.  It was really cold!  Some of the kids were more brave than others and even put their heads under water.  They came up sputtering and gasping for air!  Here are a fwe pictures of the ditch:




Here are a few other pictures from Idaho:

Friday morning the 5th we got up and headed out.  The kids weren't ready to end the fun yet but we had to get back home.  The drive home was long because the excitement was gone but we made it!  We stopped in Douglas and spent the night.  We swam for a while and then relaxed some before going to bed.  Saturday we stopped at Mt. Rushmore again to get out and walk around.  This time Kenna was with us so we hiked the trail again and showed her all the things we had done.  This time they had the little teepee area open so we went there and checked out the native American things.

Then we had to get one more picture with Mt. Rushmore and one with Minnesota on the columns.

We stopped at Wall Drug again to show Makenna the back yard and then headed home as fast as we could!  It was a little warm in the van because the air was not working right so that made the day a little longer.  When we got home at 9:30 Michael had supper waiting for us.  It was good to be home.  We had a ton of fun and we are glad we got to go.  We will do it again in 2 years!


1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)