Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Windows Were Opened

In the early morning hours I received a phone call.  This phone call was an answer to my cries of yesterday morning.  On my way to town yesterday (I blogged about my day yesterday) I cried and poured out my heart to my Heavenly Father.  The immediate answer was peace. I made it through the day despite a crazy day of subbing (one child had to be driven off in an ambulance after jumping off a fence and cutting her arm open - I was on recess duty at the time) and more financial frustrations.  We were all together at the end of the day.  We had been able to enjoy the beautiful weather and we were all healthy and happy.

Early this morning, Heavenly Father continued His answer by a phone call from a member of our church who was stopping by with some things he felt prompted to bring.  Now this person lives in Marshall so he was not just driving through the neighborhood and decided to stop by.  He was at home sleeping and woke with a feeling to contact us.  I was a little caught off guard and very overwhelmed.  Truly, as it says in Malachi, the windows of heaven were opened and there were blessings given so that there was not enough room to receive them.

I must testify that I know God lives.  He loves each and every one of us - even those who don't love Him.  He knows each and every one of us.  He is our Father and we are His children.  He is aware of our needs.  He hears our cries.  He answers our prayers.  He will not forsake us.  He may not take away our pains and struggles, but He will give us the strength to go through them. 

All of our problems are not solved.  There will still be struggling and hard times.  But I know that I will not be facing them alone.  I know that all I have to do is call to my Heavenly Father and He will answer my prayers.  Maybe not in ways that I want or expect, but He will answer with what I need. This morning's answer let me know that we are doing the right thing.  That being here was the right move and that in the end everything will be all right.

No comments: