Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pipestone

Wednesday I got to go with the 5th and 6th graders on their field trip to the Pipestone National Monument.  The 5th and 6th graders split up when we got there.  I was with the 6th graders so I have no pictures of Makenna yet.  We spent the morning at the museum.  The kids enjoyed the school room the most I think (other than the gift shop :) ).  Here is Maddi in the school room at one of the old desks.
 
After the museum we ate lunch at a picnic shelter (it rained most of the day) and then headed to the Monument where we could go hiking on some trails.  That was really fun.  We got to go over bridges and by a waterfall and by the quarry sites.
 


 
This was the group I was with :)  After we left the Monument we stopped at Dairy Queen and got some ice cream before heading home.  I love to be able to go on these trips with the kids and spend time with them.  I also enjoy getting to know the other kids at school.  They are such a fun group of kids!


No comments: