Saturday, November 10, 2012

Zeke's Ear

The other day I got a call from the school telling me that Zeke had some how hit his ear on his table and cut it open.  They weren't sure if it would need stitches or not so I went in to look at it.  I wasn't sure about it either.  I was not a deep cut but his lobe was really swollen and it was pulling the cut open.  I called the clinic and they wanted to see him.  It was swollen enough that glue or butterfly bandages wouldn't do any good and it wasn't deep enough to need stitches.  They just cleaned it up and put medicine on it and I took him back to school.  It was a little sore to the touch for quite a while.  In fact, it still hurts when I touch it and it happened over a week ago!  They still aren't sure how it happened.  I guess he was sitting at his desk coloring and he dropped some crayons.  He bent over to pick them up and he slipped and hit his ear on the table.  The principle came in and checked the table and found no sharp edges.  The table had the rubber around the edge so it was even a little rounded.  He must have hit it just right though and it must have been hard because it sure did leave a mark!  A week later and it is still the talk of the school and everyone is still checking on his ear to make sure it is healing!

No comments: