Saturday, November 10, 2012

October

I haven't done much of an update for quite a while.  It has been a busy month or two here (I am discovering that it is always busy though).  October started with my birthday.  The kids let me open presents that morning before they went to school.  I walked with my friend that morning and then she took me out to lunch that afternoon.  After school the kids and I went to a volleyball match here in Hendricks to watch some of their friends and my cross country runners play.  Then we all went out for pizza with some more friends.  When we got home we had angel food cake (my favorite) that Michael and Dillon made for me. Another friend made me some apple crisp and brought it over.  It was delicious and Michael got to have that for dinner since he was working and couldn't come for pizza.  It was a good day and even though it means I turned another year older, I enjoyed it!  There were no pictures taken (kind of glad for that) so I can't post any from the festivities...

I also got to go to the school and read Halloween/Fall stories to all the kids in Kindergarten, 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th grades.  Then we decorated sugar cookies.  It was fun.  The kids seemed to enjoy it and they are already making plans for me to come back another time :)  I love going in and being in the classes.  I know at some point my kids won't think it's cool for me to be there so I better enjoy it now while they do!

 
 
We also got a new puppy.  He was really a birthday present for Michael.  He is a border collie/australian shepherd cross for Michael to train and use at the feedlot.  His name is Tuff and he is a cute little fluffball right now.  The kids love him and he seems particularly attached to Dillon!
 
 
October also brought the end of volleyball, little Dolphin football and cross country.
 
 
We ended the month with Halloween of course.  The kids had parties at school, we had our traditional spaghetti supper and then the kids and I went out trick-or-treating.  The weather was great so we just walked until we got tired.  I have wimpy trick-or-treaters so they got tired by the time we finished our side of town.  When I was little we didn't didn't stop until our bags were totally full.  My kids don't get into it like we did when we were little.  We had fun though!
 

 
The kids had their primary program at the end of the month.  They all did good with their speaking parts.  They also participated in a comminuty choir and had a concert towards the end of the month.  Makenna had a solo part and did and excellent job.  Zane had a speaking part and he did a good job too. 
 
We had parent-teacher conferences and I got good reports on all the kids.  Our high school football team started their playoff games.  We were ranked number two in the state so all the play off gaes were at home.  We had a lot of fun watching them win!  Earlier this week we got to go to Vermillion and watch them win State at the Dome there!  It was so fun to be a part of all of that!  We are part of a great school.  Our elementary school was honored by being in the top 5 percent of the best schools on the state.  That is a big deal here!  One of the elementary teachers just got honored with a teacher of the year award.  The kids are loving it.  I also enjoy going in a subbing and getting to know the staff and students.
 
As we head into this Thanksgiving season we are truly blessed by all that we have been given and are privileged to be a part of.




No comments: