Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Celebrating Makenna

On the 15th of this month we got to celebrate Makenna's 11th birthday.  She was so excited for her birthday to come.  Out of all of the kids, she is the one who gets the most excited.  The night before her birthday I let her open a present.  She has been asking me since she was four years old to have red hair.  I have always said no because it was such a drastic change and I didn't want anything permanent.  That and she was four.  Who lets their four year old dye their hair!  Then again, what four year old asks to have their hair dyed :)  Anyways, I found a semi permanent red hair color and I got that for her.  I let her open it the day before so she could go to school on her birthday with her new red hair.  She was so excited! 
In the process

The finished product!
 
I think she makes a pretty cute red head!  The next morning she woke up and opened all her presents before school.  I don't think she posessed the capability to wait until after school :)  I don't know where she gets that from!
 
Her favorite gift was this stuffed elephant from Munu and Papa.  She loves elephants  (I think she has 2 of them now) and this one was really big, really soft and extremely cuddly!

 
She took treats to school to share with her class.  After school a family friend took her out for ice cream and a golf cart ride.  That night we had steak, green beans and rice - her choice followed by cake and ice cream.  She wanted a chocolate cake with orange colored frosting.  Easy enough!
 
 
Makenna has really grown a lot this year.  She has faced a lot of challenges - moving (again), starting a new school (again and unexpectedly), to name a few.  She had ups and downs dealing with it all but has come out on top when all is said and done.  She has made lots of new friends, joined the volleyball and basketball team.  She's on student council, won in a DARE essay contest, and has straight A's.  She is taking piano, loves to read, tried out for All-State choir and is developing a love for cooking.  She can be tough as nails, yet she has a very sweet, kind heart that makes people love her.  We are so thankful to have her in our family.  She teaches us so many things and we can't imagine life without her!  Happy Birthday Nennna!



1 comment:

Spemberly Cantrell said...

Her hair looks very cute! Nice job! I love that big elephant. I'm glad she had a good birthday and that she's doing so well with all the changes!!