Thursday, September 27, 2012

Cross Country

For those of you who don't know, I have had the privilage of being the assistant coach for the cross country team here in Hendricks.  I have absolutely loved it!  The head coach is the most awesome person in the whole world and it has been so much fun spending time with her and building our team together.  Our season is winding down now - only a few more weeks left.  I'm not sure what I will do when it's over and I don't get to see the girls and boys everyday.  I have loved getting to know their personalities and watching them interact with each other.  I have loved watching them improve and strengthen over the season.  I love walking by the school when it is lunchtime and having them run over to me to talk to me.  Our last meet our top four runners in the JV race took first, second, fourth, and sixth.  They were awesome!  One of the meets we went to also had a race for younger kids.  It was only about a quarter of a mile.  I was able to take my four youngest with me to that meet and they were able to run with the other kids.  It was a fun, but slightly crazy, day!

I tried to download pictures but it is not letting me.  My account says I have to pay now to download any pictures.  Once I get it all figured out then I can download pictures again!  Yay!  Pictures always make a blog more fun :)

So, anyways, cross country has been a great experience.  I have loved every minute of it and I will miss it terribly when it is over.  I want to thank the kids for the last few months of entertainment!

No comments: