Monday, August 13, 2012

Thought for the Day

Today I was reading through some of the quotes I had pinned on pinterest (yes, I love pinterest and am addicted to it).  It is a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt.  It really struck home with the situation we are in now.  We are doing what we feel will be best for our family.  We are being questioned, talked about, and prodded for why's and how come's.  This is what it said, "Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway."  How true is that?  As a family, we have made a choice that we feel is best for our family - now and for the future.  No amount of prodding, promising or questioning will change that.  We are being criticized and I'm sure we will continue to be for quite some time but that decision will not change.  We will protect our children and do all that we can to help them.  That is our job as parents.  I am a parent first, everything else follows.  If there are feelings that we have hurt, that was not the intent.  However, I will stand by my decision.  I will not try to explain or justify why we chose what we chose.  I will not ask for forgiveness nor will I apologize.   We have done what we feel in our hearts is best.

4 comments:

DeAnn said...

Oh no!!! I hope that things are ok for you guys there. We miss you.

Emma said...

We're all good! We miss you all too! Makenna is going to send Laura one of our school shirts because we are the dolphins!

DeAnn said...

She is SO nice! She just wants Laura to wear the same shirt EVERY DAY, lol! Although, she does still sleep with a super cute elephant ;)

Emma said...

Maybe we could get the shirt in a bigger size and she could use it as a nightshirt so it won't matter how often she wears it!