Tuesday, August 21, 2012

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school for all the kiddos.  They were all excited to finally get to start.  It is a new school this year.  Instead of sending them to Hendricks here where we live, we decided, in the best interest of our children, to send them to another school.  So most of the faces will be new for them.  There were some nerves going on but mostly it was excitement.

The BackPack Fairy came as usual and left the kids new clothes to wear for the first day and a treat for after school.

Here's my baby girl all ready for kindergarten!  I can't believe she is getting so big!
Zeke was so excited for first grade that I only had to tell him once to get up!  We'll see what tomorrow morning brings :)
Dillon is in 3rd grade this year.  He is really excited to get to play football and basketball!
Zane is in 4th grade this year.  He, too, is excited for football and basketball.  He was also excited to see some of his friends from baseball in his class!
Makenna was a little nervous to start 5th grade but she made some new friends and came home happy :)
Maddi is in 6th grade this year and seems to have a class full of really nice girls.  They all waited around last night at open house until we got there so they could meet her. 
Here they all are, oldest to youngest.  I can't believe how fast time has gone and how quickly they have grown.  It was so fun to listen to them chatter on and on about their first day!



I also reached a first today.  This is the first time I have ever dropped my kids off and not had some still with me on the way home!  It was kind of a strange feeling.  It's been a long time since I have had this much time alone.  I think I will be able to stay busy though!  Today I went on a walk with a friend, did laundry, went shopping by myself, baked cookies, cleaned some and went to cross country practice.  Time sure flies!  I am so thankful for the time I do get to spend with my kids but I am also thankful for the time we spend apart.  We get to grow and learn on our own and then come home and share with each other.




1 comment:

Spencer and Kimberly said...

They all looked very nice for their first day!