Tuesday, April 17, 2012

News on the Job Front

Well, things have finally come together for us!  The last few weeks have been kind of a roller coaster but we finally have the answers and blessings that we have been looking for.  Michael is taking a job with Olsen Custom Farms in Hendricks, MN.  They are wonderful friends of ours and Michael is excited to be a part of their operation.  As soon as we got the news today we both felt like a huge weight has been lifted off our shoulders.  The stress just seemed to melt away and I was filled with excitement and joy!  The kids will get to have their horses again and do 4-H.  They will have freedom to roam and play.  We will get to have Michael back home with us.  Our family will be back together!  After I talked to Michael I went to my room and cried as I kneeled down and thanked my Heavenly Father for this blessing.  There is still a lot to be worked out - where we will live, what we will do with this house we bought 6 months ago, and things like that - but I don't even feel worried about it.  I know this is an answer to our prayers and fasting and I know that everything will work out.  It may not all go smooth and it may not all be easy, but it will work out.

There will be hard parts of leaving too.  We have friends and family that we will miss.  I will miss the schools here that provide wonderful opportunities for the kids.  But, I can't feel sad about our decision because we know it is best for us right now.  I don't know why things happen the way they do or why they happen when they do.  I just know that when we feel it is right (or wrong) we need to follow those promptings.  Michael and I have moved a lot since being married.  Our children have moved a lot.  It's a hard thing to do.  I hate it as much now as I did when I was younger.  We are ready to settle down and stop going from place to place.  We are ready to make a home for ourselves and our children.  This opportunity feels like it will be one that will allow that.

Anyways, that is the news.  More plans will come in the following days and in a few months we will be heading out to our new home!

2 comments:

Tiesha Nesbit said...

Glad things are getting set in order for you. It sounds like we have been going through some of the same challenges. Husbands gone, need good job opportunities, keeping up with children, etc... You are a trooper and really inspire me to keep the faith and that good things will happen. Love you and hope the move goes smoothly as possible. Tiesha

Emma said...

Thanks Tiesha! I hope you guys are able to find what you are looking for too. It's hard, I know, but blessings will come!