Monday, April 9, 2012

Jobs...

Well, Michael had his interviews with South Dakota State last week.  It was something we were looking forward to and honestly hoping for.  Things went well and they talked good, but there was an underlying sense that Michael had that there was more to it.  He had been warned by a few to be careful of the job so that added to the issues at hand.  Also the job wouldn't necessarily allow for him to do any part time work to supplement the income.  That would've been a huge need had we taken the job.  It was disappointing for him to go back to work this hitch and not have any more answers to the situation (other than no).  We were hoping to see an end in sight.  It is hard to have him leave and not how long we are going to have to deal with it all.  Yesterday was a very hard day for both of us.  I spent part of the day in tears, part in silence, part yelling (I think my kids preferred the silence), part sad and most of it frustrated.  Michael was struggling too although he isn't as verbal about it as I am.  He did express his feelings and it made me hurt inside for him.  He is a lot like his father, silent, so it's hard to know exactly how things are affecting him.  Yesterday he let me in a little and it made me sad.  He wants change as badly as I do.  It was hard to walk away from this job that we thought would allow us more time together but we had to do what we felt was best and SDSU wasn't it. So we will walk away in hopes that there is something better waiting for us.  In the meantime he will do his job in North Dakota and I will do mine here at home...

No comments: