Sunday, April 29, 2012

I Think We're Ready!

This has been a busy week.  Michael and I spent the days packing and hauling.  I rented a storage shed last week and this week we have been filling it.  I kind of like the half empty house - it's so much roomier!  We have made a trip to the dump, several trips to the thrift store and even more trips to the storage shed.  We have cleaned - inside and out and done our best to get everything ready.  We signed papers and got everything ready at the real estate office.  We even had time for a little fun.  There was the regular baseball and softball.  Zane also had his pinewood derby this week.  The kids love to watch all the different cars race. Michael and I got to go out on a lunch date and a dinner date!  We celebrated our 12th anniversary Saturday.  He brought me white roses and a card.  Then we got a babysitter and went out to dinner.  It was nice to have some relaxation time with him after all the work we had done during the week.  Today we went to my parents house and celebrated again with dinner and dessert.  Michael headed back to work tonight.  I'm afraid he didn't get the rest he needed this week and will be tired going into this hitch but the knowledge that we only have two more will help.  Maddi had another meltdown after he left tonight.  I feel so bad for her when she struggles.  It's hard to watch your kids hurt.  She hates when Michael leaves.  She asked why we couldn't just leave now.  Unfortunately we have a few things we need to do before we can leave - the main one being to find a house to move in to!  Watching her struggle though shows me how important it is to do this.  This is pain that you can't buy off with the money he is out making.  Nothing I can buy her will take the place of Michael not being here.  His paychecks aren't worth that!  As I have said before, despite the chilly treatment we get from some and the undeserved questioning from others, I know that we have made the right choice.  I know that we are doing the right thing for our family.  The next few weeks will have moments of concern and anxiousness I am sure, but I know that it will all come together the way it is supposed to.  My brother quoted me a scripture the other day when I was talking to him about all that was going on.  It says (in some form or other), "lay not up for yourselves treasures on earth where moth and rust doth corrupt...But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you." That is in Matthew.  We are doing our best here on this earth to do the things that will allow us to be a part of the Kingdom of God. We are trying to be righteous.  We are trying to teach our children.  We are trying to strengthen our family.  If we are doing our best to seek Him, He will bless us with all that we need.  I believe that.  I trust in that.  I receive hope from that.  I gain strength from that.  So after all that has happened this week, we are ready in all aspects.  We are ready to put our For Sale sign out front tomorrow and get things rolling!  Our house is ready, our hearts are ready, the kids are ready and hopefully everything else (like the house market) is ready!

No comments: