Monday, March 26, 2012

Thumbs

I don't know whose thumb this is, I just found it on the internet.  Why am I posting pictures of a thumb? Well, yesterday at church I was sitting behind a lady and I noticed she had the same thumbs as my aunt and my grandma!  They are these sort of thumbs - club thumbs.  One of my brothers has them too.  Anyways, seeing those thumbs just brought back so many memories! Growing up my Aunt Peg was one of my most favorite people in the whole world.  I loved seeing her and being around her.  I didn't get to a whole lot because she lived in Tennessee and most of the time we didn't but I still have wonderful memories of her.  My Granny Cantrell had them too.  She was also one of my most favorite people.  I loved her yearly visits and being able to spend time with her. She left this world a while ago and I miss her terribly.

As I sat there looking at that ladies thumbs it amazed me how many things were attached to that sight!  Smells, voices, sounds, scenery, people, holidays, so much came flooding back.  It was nice to sit and remember for a few minutes those things of the past that fill me with so much love and happiness.  

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Haha, I kind of stalk celebrities, and I THINK those might be Megan Fox's thumbs :)

Emma said...

I think they are too!