Saturday, February 4, 2012

Inspiration

I have a sister-in-law/friend who is a total inspiration to me.  I watch her and see all that she does and I am inspired to be a better person.  I won't say her name, although all that know her will know who I am talking about.  I look up to her and hope that I can learn to do the things she does.  She is a mother and a wife to a busy husband.  She is so mindful of those around her.  She serves without being asked.  She doesn't want any recognition for the things that she does.  She gives of her time which for most people that is the hardest form of giving.  She recycles, she home cooks their meals, she is thrifty and good with money, she teaches her children what is important in life, she finds ways to better the world around her, she gardens and cans food, she goes to church and has a strong testimony of the Savior.  She has so much that she could brag about, yet she goes about quietly and humbly, not thinking anything of it and not seeing her greatness.  The more I get to know her, the more I want to do better and be better.  I don't think she knows the effect she has on people (or at least on me).  I am so thankful for her and her example.  I am thankful to be able to get to know her better and I am so thankful she is a part of our family. 

1 comment:

Julie said...

She is such a sweetheart! So glad you are getting the chance to know her better. :)