Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The New House

Okay.  We bought a house a week or so ago.  It was a long frustrating process but we finally got through it and we are now home owners.  However, we will not move into it right away.  The house we bought was a foreclosure and it needs a lot of work.  So we will spend 5 or 6 weeks fixing it and getting it ready to live in.  It's kind of exciting but also kind of daunting.  There is a lot to be done but it's fun to get to do it ourselves and make it our own.  My days are now spent going back and forth between our two houses trying to get the new one ready and trying to keep the current one clean and get things packed.  I have been failing miserably at the keeping it clean part but I have packed a few boxes.  I put shelves up in the storage room of the new house and I am slowly taking our food storage over there.  The more I get over there, the less to do on moving day!  We are also having to continue on with the regular things of life - dance, volleyball, doctor, dentist, school functions, church activities, etc.  Some days I am spread pretty thin, but I feel good.  We have been getting lots of help from my brother.  He has done the sheet rocking in three of the rooms so far and prepared another one to be done.  He will also help Michael in the kitchen and in putting a bathroom in the basement.  I have been so glad he is here to help with it all.  My sister-in-law has been helping me with the painting and cleanup.  I really appreciate that too.  It goes so much quicker when there is more than one person doing it.  There have been many trips to Ace, Home Depot and the local lumber yard and it is slowly coming together.  I have taken lots of pictures but I won't post them until I have the after pictures too.

No comments: