Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lately...

I just realized how long it had been since I last posted anything.  Things have gotten crazy busy here and I just haven't had time to sit and think about anything.  At all :)  So today I have a few spare minutes.  I downloaded pictures and now I will catch you up on what we have been doing.

We've been playing baseball.
making dioramas
playing baseball
going on field trips
playing baseball
making brownies
playing baseball
experiencing a slow painful death (otherwise known as exercise)
more baseball, more field trips, walks on the green belt, trips to the park, preschool, school, "running" 5ks (me and all six kids), scouts, church, birthday parties, play dates, and who knows what else!  There are some days where we leave in the morning and don't get home until bedtime.  Michael is back on shift so the schedule is even crazier.  The weather has been good some days and really yucky others.  The kids have been enjoying baseball.  Maddi's team is doing pretty good so far.  We travelled to Kemmerer this weekend for a game.  The Green River Yankees played the Kemmerer Yankees and we beat them.  Maddi got her first hit of the season so it was a good day.  Zane has really caught on to the game.  He can hit, run, throw and catch.  I have been amazed at him!  Didn't know he had it in him :)  Dillon can knock the cover off the ball when he wants to and Zeke is still in it for the snacks at the end!  Olivia and Zeke have been enjoying preschool at the high school.  They have two more weeks before that is over with.  Makenna is getting ready for her Hershey Track meet later this month.  She will be running the 400 and 200 and doing the standing long jump.  She is excited for that.  She also finished her African Elephant report and diorama and scored the highest possible on that.  Maddi and Makenna also had the GATE presentation night where they told the parents all about what they had been learning through out the year.  They both did a great job.  Field trips are in full swing now.  We have been to Cody, Salt Lake City and Jackson Hole.  There are still about 8 more to go before the year is over.  I have started cleaning my parents house for them once a week.  I also follow the kids to all their functions.  The 5k season seems to be upon us so we have started doing that too.  Yesterday was our first one.  The four older kids and I walked/jogged the whole way.  Zeke and Olivia took turns riding in the stroller, walking and getting piggy back rides from me.  At one point I was pushing Zeke in the stroller (uphill against the wind) and carrying Olivia on my back.  I think we went over a half mile that way before my arms gave out and I had to put her down.  Later I had Zeke on my back and Olivia in the stroller.  Luckily it was with the wind and downhill and Maddi came and took the stroller!  I walked another half mile with Zeke on my back.  While carrying them, it made my desire to exercise and lose weight increase.  I have lost (since Olivia was born) as much as she weighs now, over 40 pounds.  Carrying her made me realize how hard that can be on my body!  I went home and did my p90x workout that afternoon!  Anyways, we all finished the race well in the middle of the pack and even walked away with all kinds of prizes!  We have another one in 4 weeks.

So, that is where we have been lately and that is where we will be for another month!  So if I seem to disappear again I will either be at a baseball game, hanging from a pull up bar, pushing a stroller down the green belt or driving some one somewhere that they should've been 10 minutes ago!








No comments: