Sunday, April 3, 2011

Naptime With Daddy

One of Zeke and Olivia's favorite things to do when Michael is home from work is to snuggle up with him and eventually fall asleep.  They miss him so much when he is gone.  When he is home they just want to be close to him.  Friday, Michael surprised us and got off early.  They were in between jobs so his work day was shortened by several hours.  At one point we all (me, Michael, Zeke and Olivia) ended up in our bed snuggling and watching TV.  Eventually I had to get up and Olivia followed me.  Zeke stayed with Michael.  When I came in later, I found this:


Isn't it so cute?  Later Michael managed to wiggle out of Zeke's arms and get up.  Apparently though, he didn't stay up for long.  I went to go find him to ask him something and I found him like this:


I'm not sure how this happened and how well Michael slept, but Zeke looks rather comfortable!   Zeke claims he was never really asleep, just resting his eyes.  He said he was trying to sleep but couldn't.  I'm not sure I believe his story.  I have many pictures of the kids sleeping with Michael.  From the time they were babies it seemed to be a favorite past time for them all, Michael included.  I love these little passing moments.  Nothing can replace naptime with Daddy.

1 comment:

Spencer and Kimberly said...

Hahahaha! I love the last picture. Will also tells me he wasn't sleeping when he obviously was. Funny kids!