Monday, April 18, 2011

Easter, a Little Early

With Michael working next weekend and me taking the kids to Idaho for their spring break next weekend, we deiced to celebrate Easter this weekend.  The kids wanted Michael to be a part of it and I didn't want to try to do the Easter Bunny stuff while on vacation.  The kids were so excited.  They cleaned the entire house and the boys even vacuumed.  Saturday was a very busy day.  I had church that morning for two hours, then a baptism that afternoon to go to.  Michael took Maddi and the others to baseball until I got done.  I took the other kids home while Michael stayed with Maddi.  That evening Michael and I got to go on a date while my parents watched the kids.  Even with all that, they got all their stuff done so that all would be ready for the Easter Bunny's visit.  Sunday morning was torture for those who woke up early (Makenna) because they couldn't go into the dining room (the Easter Bunny always leaves their treats at their spot at the table) until all the kids and Michael were up.  Their favorite prize from the Easter Bunny was Bendaroos.  They spent all morning after getting ready for church, playing with those things.  I would recommend them to everyone who has kids.  They are great!  They can stick to walls and windows but they leave no mess, they never dry out and they can be used over and over again.  Anyways, it was a fun time as always.  I love to see the kids still innocent and believing.  I love to get them surprises that I know they will love.  I love to see their faces with their initial reaction.  I love planning and preparing for it all.  The Easter Bunny even left Michael some treats at his spot.  Olivia noticed that the Easter Bunny moved the silverware bucket into my spot so he would have more room on the table for their stuff.  She thought it was funny that they all got treats and I got spoons!  Here are a few pictures from the morning.
Before the kids came out.

Olivia and Zane with their buckets

Zeke, Dillon and Maddi checking out their prizes

Makenna and Zane with their things


Zeke and Dillon putting their Bendaroo artwork on the wall

More Bendaroo artwork.  You should see our wall today!

No comments: