Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Storytime

Today I took Zeke and Olivia to storytime at the library.  It was so much fun!  We have been trying to go for several weeks now but we have had school kids home sick so we haven't made it.  This week is Dr. Seuss week.  The kids helped act out a story and then they had one read to them.  Then they made treats.  They were Cat in the Hat hats.  I took pictures with my phone but unfortunately I don't know how to get them on my computer :(  Anyways, you get a round cookie for the brim of the hat.  Then attach half of a marshmallow to it with pink frosting.  Then more pink frosting and another white marshmallow (for the red and white stripes).  They turned out really cute.  Then you get to eat them - the best part of all!  Tomorrow night they are doing another Dr. Seuss event with games, stories and drawings.  I think I will take all the kids and let them enjoy a night there.  We are slowly starting to discover the different things that the area has to offer.  I am excited to discover more!

No comments: