Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Version of Spring Cleaning

I guess you could call what I am doing spring cleaning.  It's not washing the house form top to bottom and making the windows shine, but it is spring and I am cleaning :)  I have organized clothes for six children, getting rid of 3 garbage bags of clothes in the process.  I have organized the books in the toy room and put all the toys in the proper bins.  I even vacuumed the toy room.  That is something that isn't done as often as it should be because in order to vacuum the floors in the room would have to be clean.  Yeah right!  I rearranged furniture.  I hung up all the coats in the coat closet.  Short people (as in my children) can't seem to quite reach high enough to get the coat hangers on the rod so they end up in the closet floor.  I put all the hats and mittens in the hat and mitten bucket.  From the looks of things my kids will never be basketball players because none of them get their things in the bucket when they run by and toss.  I emptied three more boxes and hid the rest behind the wet bar :)  Unfortunately our garage door is stuck shut so I can't get the empty boxes out of the house.  I also started hanging up pictures on the wall.  That has been slightly frustrating because my landlord only wants me to use a certain kind of nail and hook so the hooks show and the pictures don't lay completely flat.  At least we have pictures up though!  It is a work in progress and I am sure I will get sidetracked some where along the way, but for now it's working and what I have finished looks kind of good!  I think I will celebrate my successes with some chocolate and a diet Dr. Pepper!

No comments: