Friday, March 11, 2011

Finding Alone Time

Michael was supposed to start his two week shift yesterday, but it got postponed until today so he was home this morning.  He knew it would be my first and last chance for quite some time so he suggested I go to town all by myself.  It was so nice.  I didn't do anything particularly fun but I got to look at what I wanted to for as long as I wanted to and I didn't have to stop every 20 minutes to go take some one to the bathroom.  When I got home, I felt much more relaxed and ready for the next two weeks.  It will be hard and I am sure by tomorrow I will wish I had some more time to myself but I am grateful Michael suggested I go.  It is the first time I have gone anywhere by myself since we moved here.  I have, however, found other ways to get some time that feels like "alone time".  I have fallen in love with my Kindle.  I take it everywhere with me.  When the kids go to bed, I read.  When I am running on the treadmill, I read.  When I take the kids to McDonalds with an indoor playland, I read.  Who would have thought that McDonalds could be a place to relax and be alone!  Especially when you are in the playland surrounded by crazy, hyper kids running all over the place!  I also get up a few minutes earlier than the kids so I can have a little time to get ready for the day before they all get up and need my help.  I have had to be creative and we have all had to adjust to our new lives here in Green River, but we are doing it.  Things are good.  I am thankful for the noise my children make because it reminds me of my many blessings, but I am also thankful for the quiet times when I can be alone and not needed :)

No comments: