Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Night Filled With...

WARNING  WARNING  WARNING!!!  If you have a weak stomach or a keen sense of smell, you may not want to read this post :)  Last night around 11:15 I was sound asleep and dreaming.  Then all of the sudden the light was on.  I thought maybe it was morning but wondered why I was still so tired.  Then I looked at the clock and heard Michael say something about Dillon throwing up and still being asleep.  I got up and about the time I hit our doorway I was greeted by the most awful smell I have ever smelled.  It was sour and rank and so strong. Michael had gotten Dillon in the bathroom helping him change his clothes and clean him up.  I went in to check his bed.  There was a huge pile of puke on the edge of his bed that also ran down the wall and onto the floor.  As I mentioned earlier it was the most awful smelling stuff I have ever smelled.  I got his sheet off his bed, found the pillows and stuffed animals that had also been contaminated and put them all in the bathroom sink.  Then I got several towels and went to work trying to clean the mattress, wall, bed frame and floor.  It was disgusting.  Michael got Dillon all cleaned up and put a new shirt on him.  Then Dillon went into our bedroom while we finished cleaning things up.  I went to work rinsing everything out in the toilet.  Last time I did this I washed everything out in the bathtub.  Big mistake!!  If you do it in the bathtub you have to clean out the chunks with your hands (I warned you).  So I did it in the toilet so I could just flush it all down.  The toilet water is very cold! I got it all washed out, the bathroom wiped down and laundry started.  We made a bed for Dillon on the loveseat and Michael slept on the couch to keep an eye on him during the night.  I went back to bed after spraying air freshener through out the house.  When I went to my room, it had a horrible sour smell.  I checked the bathroom and the bedroom and found nothing.  I decided it was just leftover stench from Dillon's vomit and tried to go back to sleep.  At 3 am I woke to the sound of bath water running.  I wanted to pretend to sleep through it all because I knew that meant there had been another accident of some sort but my guilt got to me and I got up to see what I could do to help.  I went into the bathroom and there was Dillon covered from the waste down in diarrhea.  Poor kid.  It was awful.  This smell out did the last smell and Michael was gagging as he was trying to help clean him up.  He would do a wipe and then have to walk out of the room and then come back in for another wipe.  I took over and immediately realized that at some other time during the night Dillon had another accident and it was dried on his stinky little bum.  There would be no wiping that off!  I took him into my bathroom and had him stand under the shower to soften it so we could get him cleaned up.  That's when I realized what the smell was in my bedroom earlier.  It was him.  He didn't realize he had messed his pants before he threw up during the night.  Michael didn't realize it either when he was cleaning him up.  Anyways...Michael got him all washed off while I once again went to the bathroom and cleaned things out in the toilet.  The water was still very cold.  The smell was so bad that by the time I was done I felt as if I was going to be sick.  I don't know what all he had sitting in his system and how long it had been there but it was horrible!  I cleaned the bathroom and started another load of laundry.  Then back to bed we all went.  The alarm went off this morning and I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get out of bed.  I laid there until 7am and finally drug myself out of bed and got the kids up.  The smells from during the night still linger here and there around the house but the overwhelming stench has gone away.  Michael is off to work this morning and the other kids are off to school.  Dillon is, of course, home sick.  He is doing better, sipping 7 up and eating bananas.  I was going to take Zeke and Olivia to story time but that will have to wait until next week.  I was supposed to clean apartments today too, but that won't be happening either.  Hopefully this will pass soon and we will get a good nap in this afternoon!  Sorry for all the lovely descriptions but I did warn you so if you made it this far and you are now sick to your stomach, it's no one's fault but your own!

No comments: