Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Looooove Day!

Emphasis on the loooove :)  The kids were so excited for Valentine's Day to come.  We spent several evenings last week with the school kids making their boxes to take to school.  We spent one afternoon so Zeke and Olivia could decorate sacks (they were feelings left out).  We spent Saturday afternoon writing on cards and taping candy to each one.  The kids trying to secretive and making two extra - one for me and one for Michael.  We decorated cookies Saturday and Sunday and made a plate to take to Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle Spencer.  We also made fried pies to take to them.  Today I am making more because all this giving away depleted Michael's stock pile :)  Zeke and Olivia just finished their very exciting party.  They opened their sacks, ate all their hershey kisses, drank some juice they got to pick out at the store and had a heart dhaped sandwich for lunch.  That was most exciting for Zeke because turning the sandwich into a heart cut all the crust off so he didn't have to!  Next we are going to town and they will get to sit nice and quiet while I get my haircut (yeah right).  Then we will get the kids from school, go to the park with the dog, practice piano and do homework and then head out for a romantic dinner at McDonalds (with and indoor playland)!  Michael is working today so I won't see him until 10:30 tonight.  I may as well make it a fun day for the kids.  I can think of better places to eat at, but for kids, McDonalds is as good as it gets!  Then we will have piano lessons and some Valentine cupcakes.  Hopefully they will all come off their sugar high before bedtime and all will be back to normal by tomorrow!  Again, yeah right!

I am, though, very grateful for all those I have to love in my life.  Michael is my true love and I am very lucky and blessed to have him as my husband.  He works hard and does his best to take care of us.  Though his new job requires him to be gone a lot more,when he is home, he makes sure he is a part of us and our days.  My children are next on my love list.  Some days I want to send them to a boarding school, but most days I can't get enough of them.  They are funny, kind, creative, spiritual, thoughtful, helpful, beautiful, precious and I love them with all my heart.  There are so many others to love - grandparents, aunts, uncles, siblings, friends - I could go on all day describing each person and why I love them and how they have blessed and changed my life.  They are in Minnesota, Tennessee, Colorado, Canada, Idaho, South Dakota, South Africa, Utah, Japan, Ireland, England, Wyoming, California, and more.

So, to all of you whom I love and cherish - Happy Looooove Day!  I love you!

No comments: