Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Makenna!

Monday we celebrated Makenna's 9th birthday. She was so excited for it to come! We took cookies to school so she could celebrate with her class. After school she got several phone calls from grandmas and aunts wishing her a happy birthday. She chose hamburgers and onion rings for supper that night. I made her a cake. It had a unicorn on it and I tried to make a pond with a field with little flowers in it. I also tried to make a few rocks. It didn't turn out quite like I pictured it in my head but once the candles are blown out and the cake is cut, you can't tell what it was anyways! We opened presents that night after supper. She loved all her gifts and seemed to have a great day! Now I have two nine year olds for a week!






We are so thankful for Makenna. She can be hard but she has a very tender spirit that makes her so sweet. She is so aware of those around her in need of kindness and friendship. She has a wild spirit that keeps us all on our toes and constantly amazed at what she comes up with! There's a song on her Alvin and the Chipmunks album that makes me think of her every time I hear it. It's called "The Song". She has something inside her that no one can stop. She really does have a song inside her that she moves to. I love to watch her figure out life and her place in it. She blesses us all and we are so happy to have her in our lives. Happy Birthday Kenna!

Her song is in the post below...

1 comment:

Spencer and Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday to Makenna!! She's a very pretty girl!