Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Day of Rest

Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest. Well, I'm still waiting for the "rest" part because it has certainly been a day! I woke up at 3 am and couldn't sleep - something that seems to happen more than I would like it too, especially lately. By 4 am I had my I-touch out writing a story for Zeke for school and emailing it to myself so I could save it on the computer. The alarm went off at 5:45 am just as I was finishing downloading some new kids games to my I-touch for the kids to play. After Michael left for his meetings, I got ready for church and then began looking for a song to sing in church. Our family has been asked to sing in sacrament in two weeks. The kids voices aren't strong enough to hold the melody while I sing alto so I had to find a song in a low enough note range that I could sing the melody without screeching. Around 7:15 I started getting the kids up and helping them get ready. We were at church by 8:45 where I sat with them by myself while Michael was up on the stand. Some of them were quite active today and one princess in particular thought it necessary to talk almost constantly in a low, but audible voice, stopping only once or twice to wave to her daddy! I also had to find a piano player and sheet music for us - which did happen a lot easier than I thought it would, thank goodness! I also taught Relief Society today. I enjoy that though. It was the least stressful thing today. When we got home there was changing clothes (some several times because they thought it was warm enough for shorts! Afterall it is still above freezing) and then lunch. Michael came home with a headache that turned into a migraine that resulted in him throwing up at least 3 times and spending most of the day shut up in the bedroom with the lights out while I tried to keep the kids quiet so as not to add to his pain. The kids ate from 1 to 4 without stopping I think! In between bites they were bouncing off the walls! It was crazy! I talked to my parents, Michael's mom and his grandma. We practiced our song four times. The nice BBQ pork dinner I put in the crockpot this morning had to be saved for another day because Michael couldn't eat it and the kids wouldn't eat it. By 7:30 things were slightly settled down and then I remembered I had to make Kenna's birthday cake tonight because I wouldn't have time to do it all tomorrow. So, I put it in the oven, tucked Michael back into bed, read scriptures with the kids, had family prayer, tucked the kids into bed, took the cake out of the oven, studied my lesson for next week and now I am enjoying some peace and quiet (except for a few " mom, I need..." episodes) while I blog and the cake cools. Tomorrow won't be much better, but it will be fun because we will be celebrating Makenna. I think I will look to Tuesday for being my make-up day of rest!

No comments: