Monday, October 18, 2010

Strides for Students

Saturday we headed to Hendricks (our most favorite place on earth) for their second Strides for Students event. It is a fundraiser for the elementary school.  They had a 1 mile walk/run and a 5k.  Maddi and Makenna ran the 5k with their friends.  I loved seeing them all together again.  The rest of us did the mile.  I ran with Olivia until she got tired and then she got a piggy back ride from Michael.  Then I caught up with Zeke and helped him cross the finish line and then caught up with Susie and helped him cross the finish line.  Zane ran with all his old friends and had a great time.  The weather was a little cool with a breeze but just right when you started running and playing.  It was a great turn out I thought.  Of course I am quite bias with this event.  I, along with two others - Pam and Nancy, started this two years ago.  We did a half marathon at that event along with the shorter races.  So this is my baby :)  It was great to see it go again and to see people still supporting it and the school.  I got pictures of everyone except Zane I think.  I was out running with Olivia when he started so I didn't get any pictures.






After the Strides for Students we went uptown to celebrate Hendrick's Fallfest.  There was pumpkin painting, a petting zoo and a big corn box to play in.  Some of the kids also made scarecrows.  It was a lot of fun.  The kids got to play with their friends for several hours.  Zane got to go home with a friend after the race so he wasn't there for all the festivities but he had a lot of fun playing.  After all the fun we went and had pizza and then went to the Olsens to play some more.  It was a great afternoon.  Michael got to hunt, the kids got to play and I got to visit with some of my most favorite people in the world.    It was good to see everyone and we can't wait to go back and visit again!








No comments: