Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sorting

Today I began a slow process of sorting through things.  I know if we do end up moving (which I am 99.9% sure that is going to happen) we have a TON of things.  There is no way it can all go with us.  With six kids that like to keep pretty much everything, we get a lot of accumulation.  Today I sorted through most of the toys in the toy room.  It is a process that has to happen while the majority of the kids are in school because if they sit there and watch everything is their new favorite!  I had a garbage pile, a thrift store pile and a daycare pile (I have a friend with a daycare that is in need of new toys).  I got rid of quite a bit, but there is still enough left that the kids won't really notice or miss anything - I hope :)  I'd love to get rid of more but I am afraid of the reaction of my six little monsters!  I figure if I do a little bit each day then there won't be so much to do when the time actually comes to pack.  Tomorrow will be the art supplies.  That has become an overgrown mess with a little of everything thrown in it.  Doing this at least makes me feel productive in this whole waiting game - this and filling out applications online for Michael, which I do on a daily basis and which is also productive.  So far, three of the applications I have sent in for him he has gotten call backs on - one being the railroad.  Soooo, anyways, this is my life right now along with laundry, lots and lots of laundry!

No comments: