Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Birthday Picture

In our kitchen we have a chalkboard that we use to write messages on.  Sometimes I try to write a scripture or an uplifting quote, sometimes it has something to do with what we learned in Family Home evening.  On holidays we try to write holiday messages and on birthdays we use it to write birthday messages to the special birthday person.  It usually has a picture (if one of the kids do it) along with a happy birthday wish.  Makenna had done one for me last week but Olivia erased it and colored pink all over the board instead.  Dillon decided to redo it tonight.  I thought it was so cute that I had to take a picture of it.



This is a picture of me, notice my princess crown on my head.  Then he wrote in his cute first grade hand writing, love (heart) Dillon and everyone.  I absolutely love it!  To add to it, he made me a present and wrapped it in a Walmart sack.  It had 3 pictures that he colored, a purple comb that he got on picture day at school, an eraser that says "I love you", a red ink pen and two pieces of candy that he had saved from his birthday bag from church.  Such a sweet little boy who loves his mommy!  These are the things to cherish forever!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

At first glance, I thought the thing on your head was a basket of laundry or something. So happy that Dillon recognizes you as the "Birthday Queen" with a crown. I love that boy.....to cute.