Monday, October 18, 2010

Lil' Stangs



Last week Makenna had a cheer camp.  Our school is the Tri-Valley Mustangs so when the elementary kids do something like cheer camp they are called the Lil' Stangs.  Cute huh?  I think so.  Anyways, Makenna loves cheer.  Me, I'm not so fond of it.  No offense to any cheerleaders out there but I think most of the time they just get in the way of the game :)  Plus they can be prissy.  Prissy drives me crazy!  Well, Makenna loves it and she too can be quite prissy.  It doesn't drive me quite as crazy with her.  I think it's kind of cute.  Mostly because she is still developing her coordination so the priss is slightly awkward and exaggerated.  So Makenna chose cheer camp this year.  They do one day of practicing and then one day of performing at a sporting event.  Last year they cheered at a football game.  It ended up being freezing cold with freezing rain turning to snow.  This year they decided to do it indoors between volley ball games.  I preferred that much more.  I've decided I won't sway Makenna from cheering if that's what she wants to do but I will try to convince her to be a boys basketball cheerleader instead of a football cheerleader so I can sit in the warm gym to watch instead of the cold football bleachers!  The girls did a great job.  They did a few cheers and a dance.  They had on cute little pink, black and white shirts with hair bows they had made of the same colors.  Olivia and I went and watched while the other kids were at swim lessons with Michael.  Olivia and I ate popcorn and enjoyed the show!

1 comment:

Spencer and Kimberly said...

She's a cute little cheerleader!