Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Good Feeling

This morning Michael had a phone interview with a company out of Rock Springs, WY.  He ended the interview with a very good feeling.  It is a job that he would like more than the railroad.  It would be in a better location, have a better work schedule and a greater opportunity for advancement.  The pay would be similar to the railroad, but I'm not sure about the benefits.  I don't think they would be as good because most places aren't, but I know they have them.  Anyways, the lady he talked to was the initial interviewer.  She will pass his info on and he should receive a call in the next week or two.  She said the fact that he was willing to relocate to the area was a huge plus for him.  They are in great need of e-line riggers in the area.  She said she didn't make the final decisions, but she made it sound like the job was his if he wanted it.  Now it's back to the waiting game...this is the part I don't do well with.  I will say though, that I feel good and hopeful.  This is the first job that we have both felt good about.  I feel some of the pressure and dread lifting.  I hope and pray that this is the answer we have been looking for and that all of this will come to an end soon.  It would be so nice to be moved and settled in before Christmas.  I'll keep you all up to date to what's going on and I want all of you to keep us in your prayers for it all to work out!

No comments: