Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Glimmer of Hope

We have finally had a break through!  After so long of sending out applications and resumes and getting nothing but silence in return, we have finally got a reply!  Michael is supposed to head to an interview with the railroad in Nebraska on Tuesday.  It provides a little hope in the whole process.  As convenient as the internet is, it makes it so less personable when it comes to applying for jobs.  I feel talking to a person face to face makes a huge difference in knowing what kind of an employee they will be.  It feels good to finally make it through the screening process and now have the chance to interview.  Of course there will be a lot of competition.  The railroad, it's pay and it's benefits are highly sought after.  We don't know how many people have been asked to come to this interview.  It starts out with an hour long job and benefits description.  Then it will involve a 2 to 3 hour aptitude test followed by a 20 minute interview.  They can't guarantee that it will all happen in the same day but they try to accommodate those that have to travel.  Hopefully it will all work out.  Michael has to work Monday, be to the interview 8 hours away by Tuesday morning at 7 am and then be back to work here Wednesday morning to give a training.  It will be a long few days for him and I will need a lot of ice cream here for me :)  I'm not necessarily holding my breath for this to work out.  Like I said, I know there is a lot of competition, but I am holding on to the hope.  The hope that people are receiving his information, that they are seeing he would be a good employee and that something, somewhere will work out.  I don't know if it will be this or not, but something will.  I, of course, have already checked out the community, schools and distance to family :)  It all seems good and doable.  So cross your fingers and pray that all will go well, Michael will travel safely and do good in his interview process and that what ever is supposed to happen will and that we will be able to accept it when it does!

3 comments:

Katie said...

hey!!! Nebraska is NOT closer to me! just a reminder.

:) Just kidding. Hope his travels go well.

Emma said...

It is Katie! It makes it only about 8 or so hours instead of 16.

Spencer and Kimberly said...

Good luck! I hope something works out soon for you guys!