Monday, September 27, 2010

A Calm Assurance That He Cares

I received just that.  For months now, Michael and I have been searching for a new job.  He likes the job he has, but it will never pay enough to support our large family.  We know there are opportunities out there.  And we have been doing all that we know to do to find those opportunities.  Michael has filled out applications, mailed off resumes, made phone calls and received a few offers.  Unfortunately, those offers would not have put us in any better situation.  Finances weigh heavy on the heart and mind.  They are constantly there, nothing takes it away.  It has especially been so lately.  Along with our searching we have been fasting and praying, hoping to find the answers that we seek.  Hoping that someone receiving Michael's information will be touched.  Hoping to be led in the direction we need to go to find answers to our pleas.  Both of us have felt that there was something for us, we just don't what it is or how to find it.  The scriptures teach us to turn to the Lord, pouring out our heart and soul to Him.  We are taught to pray over our flocks and crops, for an increase.  This is our flocks and crops.  We are also taught that when we do what He says, He is bound.  We have been trying to do just that.  We are not perfect, but we do our best.  We fulfill our callings, we try to serve and help others, we teach our children.  We continue even when it is hard.  Sometimes we (I) continue less gracefully than at other times, but we (I) still continue.  Saturday night as I was saying my prayers, I was once again sending out these pleas to my Heavenly Father.  Pleading for help, direction, patience, giving my heart to Him.  As I crawled into bed, I was filled with peace.  My heart was lightened.  I received a calm assurance that He cares.  I knew that Heavenly Father had heard me.  I knew that he was aware of me and my situation.  I knew that He would take care of me.  I knew He loved me.  For the first time in a very long time, that burden was lifted.  It's hard to describe the total feeling, it is one that I have not felt so strongly before.  It has stayed with me and even though nothing has happened yet to change our situation, I know that we are being watched after.  What a wonderful blessing!  I am so thankful for prayer.  I know I have a Father in Heaven who loves me and knows me.  He does hear and answer prayers.  He will lead us safely back home of we will give our hearts to Him and follow.


Be thou humble in thy weakness, and the Lord thy God shall lead thee,
Shall lead thee by the hand and give thee answer to thy prayers.
Be thou humble in thy pleading, and the Lord thy God shall bless thee,
Shall bless thee with a sweet and calm assurance that he cares.

No comments: