Sunday, August 1, 2010

Zoo Day

Yesterday Michael and I took the kids to the zoo.  They were having Hy-Vee day (a grocery store).  Hy-vee provided free hotdogs, chips, watermelon, cookies and water.  There was face painting, camel rides, stilt walkers and the zoo mascots and TONS of people.  Usually you go to the zoo to see animals you don't normally get to see right?  No, not my kids!  What animals did they want to do see?  The cows (we have some here on ranch), the minature horses (we have those too), the buffalo (had one, now we're going to eat him), the ducks and geese (those are everywhere), the fish (you can see fish at Walmart) and the monkeys (I have six of them)!  So, we made our rounds to all the requested animals, although I told them we were going to look at the bears too - those are my favorite.  It was really hot, but the kids had a fun time.

No comments: